Taking Action

Somebody once told me, "you don't have to get it right, you just have to get it going." It was then that I had one of many ah-ha moments.

When you think about it, nothing ever goes perfectly the first time around. We do things, then we make them better, and continue changing things up as we go. Even with parenting, with your first born your new to the whole idea and lifestyle of having a child. Then with the next child you have an idea of what works and what does not, so we tend to do things a little bit better. Then with each subsequent children, everything seems to progress a little bit. So even though we have no idea what to do at first, we learn as we go because that is the only choice we have. Having a child is a now or never sort of approach that we have to take. It's not something that we can continue to put off to the side, or continue to research and perfect. When we first find out that we will be having a child, we have only 9 months to prepare, then it's a go whether we feel as though we are ready or not. All we can do is try our best and pray that we don't mess up too badly.

With that example we really don't have a choice on whether or not we follow through with action. But when we have plans or ideas for things we want to accomplish in our lifetimes, most people will put them off and delay ever getting started simply because of the unknown. We tend to have a fear of failure or the ever pressing need to want to get it just right & make sure all is perfect before we take that first step.

I just want to say, no one ever gets it right the first time. Everything that has ever been created or done has gone through it's own system of trial & error. When we consider how much things have changed over the last 50 years, many have become more economical, simpler and easier to use.

If you have been researching and planning and going over every minute detail to make sure everything will be just right before you actually do something, whether it be a business you'd like to have, or a way of making money through the internet, or maybe even a blog. You have to just do it. Honestly, when I started this blog, I had no idea how or what I was suppose to do. In fact, it took me almost 2 days to figure out how to set it up and how the layout stuff worked. (No joke!) All I knew was that I had information that I wanted to share with people. It started with so many people asking "Why would I pay to work from home?" Or "it's all a scam, if they ask for money, it's a scam." Granted I have lost plenty of money on different endeavors, but either way, not everything is a scam and that is the message I wanted to share with everyone. It then progressed into much more & looking back I am proud of what I have done over the last 9 months. This could not have been if I would have been too afraid to actually get started. If I had tried to figure out every blogging tool, and how to use keywords to your advantage (which, by the way, I still don't know much about...) But I could have continued to put it off and wait until all was perfect, but I didn't. I am learning as I go, but I am also building a wonderful base in the meantime.

Take some time getting to know the basics of whatever it is you plan to do. Then just put it out there. You will be able to tweak it and improve things as you go. In time, it will become as it is meant to be. If you spend too much time trying to get it right, somebody else is going to do it, and then it won't seem so great anymore. Like they say...

"You don't have to get it right. You just have to get it going."

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

anne said...

I totally agree with you Crystal.. And we learn from those mistakes which makes us a better person. Good day to you