What to look for

Let's see if you can relate...

You start looking for something to do from home. Every ad that seems to catch your attention, makes you want to read more, and more, and more... Now it's not so fun anymore, and after scrolling through 10 pages of the same information, just repeated in somewhat different terms, you don't have any clue as to what it even is?

Sound familiar? I know, maybe a little too much. Right?

Well here is what I don't understand. Why wouldn't you want to share exactly what it is you do? What are you trying to hide? Is there something that you are ashamed of?

Now, let's just say we decide to fill in the form with ALL and I mean ALL of our contact information so that someone can call us just so that we can finally see what this is all about.

Now, Mr. Bob calls to tell you about how great his company is and how much money your going to make, and best of all, the system will do all of the work for you! Right? But what is it exactly? Well after a 20 minute speech from Mr. Bob we still have no idea what he's talking about.

I'm sure you get the picture. So here is what I don't like about this scenario, of which happens all too often. Regardless of if you get me to sign up or not, what are you looking to achieve by doing so?

My point is this...if you hide what it is that you do because you know how difficult it is to actually become successful, then what will you get out of signing me up? You will get your commissions for a month or two or more until I finally decide to quit of which all that is accomplished is wasted time, for both of us.

I have learned many lessons through my journey in the WAH world and this is one of the most common faults. I was initially drawn to this industry in search of a way to be able to make money even when my kids are sick. I'm not lazy by any means, but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I would prefer to do the work once and continue to be paid on it forever. That is exactly what this industry provides if it's not misused.

The key is to understand exactly what it is that you would do, how you make money, if there is training available...whatever you can think of. Ask questions and make sure you get an answer. If you can't see yourself loving what you do or loving the products that you are expected to market, if you don't believe in what you do, then it will never work.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: